Friday 7 October 2011

Slime Typefaces: BJ Heinley



Here is an artist who really likes slimy typefaces. His names is BJ Heinley and he is a Senior creative director and entrepreneur out of Austin, Texas. He is only 20 years of age! Look at these examples below too. It makes me think that maybe I am going to put more slime on my letters


I really like this example. It reminds me of some sort of horror movie from the 80s. I love the use of colour too.



To Visit BJ's blog follow this link here- behance.net/heinley
BJ's work is really inspiring and I like it how he works in the same style all the time. The typefaces he uses is not what I'm looking for but the grime defiantly is. When I look at his work it looks very almost retro horror. The sort of font you would expect to see on an early horror movie. It also reminds me of the goosebumps logo-

There are elements of this logo that I like however I won't go onto use any of them. I'm quite fixed on creating a very conventional graffiti font.