Thursday 9 January 2014

Practical// Cover Re-Visit

Photo:




The multimedia album cover proved too difficult for me so I've decided to go with my initial idea to rebrand a band from today. I chose Tame Impala because they are now very well recognised and successful band. I want to redo their latest album called 'Lonerism'. The album cover above has been done by taking a photo up close of a crystal rock. The outcome is most interesting and successful! It has very psychedelic elements that can be related to Tame Impala's music.

4 Sided Album Cover 




I have decided to go ahead and make a four sided album cover. This means I will have to print it on a A0 size paper which will be most interesting indeed! I'm not quite sure what to expect but this 12" won't fit on any other paper. I have just finished putting the lyrics for the album on the inside and its looking good.

Because this will be a 4 sided album cover there will be 2 records meaning two innersleeves. I need to get hold of some old records, these should be avalable in some charirty shops and I will get to that over the weekend.

THE FONT IS THE ACTUAL TAME IMPALA FONT AND I WILL NOT BE USING THIS ON THE FINAL COVER.

The next things to do are listed below:

  • Inner sleeves X2,
  • Center labeling,
  • CD cover,
  • CV booklet,
  • Promotional Posters.
...................................................................................................................................................................

Font:
  • Ballpark Weiner
  • Limerick Regular 
  • Limerick Demi Bold








The font I have decided to go with is called Ballpark Weiner and I discovered it when looking through FontExplorer X Pro. The font I think looks right for the genre of music its for and it works well with the visuals. The body text is a simple Limirick and Limirick bold. This happens to be a font I always return to.



No comments:

Post a Comment