Thursday 9 January 2014

Practical// Album Cover

ALBUM COVER ONE

I wanted to do something with triangles an soon produced this examples above, unfortunately this wasn't perfect and you could see whit lines between the triangles so had to go back and redo it. It then occurred to me that it would look better if the triangles were small. This causes the design to be full of colour. 





Final examples 


I went ahead and used the font Tame Impala use across most of there records and on their website. It's called Microgramma and is free for personal use. This was just a quick idea but I have something else I want to work on. Tame Impala like to use very Psychedelic images within their album covers and I am tempted to do something alone the same lines. This will mean my cover will look very similar to some of their other covers. This could be for the best but I am worried I will need to something completely different. 

I've decided to take a different route with the album cover. Despite spending a very long time producing this I don't like it and want to find a different design direction. In my secondary album cover research there was a lot to do with marbling and I feel this will be the best route to go down.

No comments:

Post a Comment