Monday 13 January 2014

Practical// Innersleeve Secondary Inspiration

Geowall 



This design I found when having a look on designspiration. Its a simple yet effective vector based design. It's these continuos and repetitive shapes that I initially think will make a perfect design for my inner sleeve. I do however want to achieve more depth in this design. This, to me, seem very hollow 

Todos os tamanhos



This design makes a 2D image look 3D. I believe that is what attracted me to it. That and its colour range works well with the design. 

Universe// But does it float 


Looking at this I'm not too sure how this design has been constructed. I found this on butdoesitfloat.com and this website and some truly lovely work on it, spanning from photography to pattern design. I was going to say this was simply done on Illustrator but after looking through does it float all of the work (apart from the photography of course) has been hand rendered. Possibly the example above has been done using different paints? 

Love to Hate 


This example above is a very easy design to do and very effective. The colours however I don't agree on to much. The colours in the example above this one are the sort of colours that I want to go with. especially considering that album cover is of a dark colour. I wouldn't want to inner sleeve to be really bright and dominating. 

Space// But does it float


I like the idea of doing something to do with space. I feel this links with the title of the album 'Lonersim'. I want to look more at this. I might be able to find some very nice examples of space illustrated in the internet that will give me some ideas to plat around with. This example above was also found on butdoesitfloat.com. From looking at this site further it has so much fascinating work on it. ]]

Northen Lights


This is a long exposure shot taken of the Northern Lights. Overall from this photo you get a very dreamy and psychedelic outcome which would work extremely well as a design/ photo for my inner sleeve. The only tiny problem is I can't exactly take a photo of the Northen Lights. What I can do though is make a design inspired by the northern lights.

Nicholas Alan Cope Photography


Amazingly, this is a photograph. I can't exactly see how though. To me this looks like a very long exposure photograph that has then been optimised on Photoshop. Where the black is visible I think stars have been taken out. In a result you get a result very similar to the inside of a crystal rock.



This is another photograph, I keep on coming across them and being inspired to create something similar. "every day, for the next 25 days, a new photo will be revealed here from the Hubble Space Telescope, some old and some new..." I stumbled across this photo on a blog. The blog took me to a website site that everyday (during a time period) they uploaded a photograph of space. This example above was my favroit example I could find.

Sara Lindholm


This photograph was taken by Sara Lindholm. After looking over Sara's tumblr she is a photographer that exapands here work over many categories, from fashion to something like like above (I want to say landscape photography but this is obviously a portrait photograph). From this and the 4 examples above I very much want to achieve something like this in my design. I love the feeling it gives, the feeling of escapism is a very strong feeling. This is the feeling I want to get through in my design. This is what the listener will feel when listening to the music. 


No comments:

Post a Comment